The Elections Observation Group (ELOG), a consortium of civil society organisations and other stakeholders was established in 2010, seeks to provide a permanent national platform through which citizens can monitor general elections in Kenya and other countries in Africa. The primary mission of ELOG is to promote democratic governance in Kenya and other African countries by ensuring that countries hold regular, transparent, accountable and credible elections. ELOG members include:
• Catholic Justice and Peace Commission (CJPC),
• Centre for Governance and Development (CGD);
• Consortium for Empowerment and Development of Marginalized Communities (CEDMAC);
• Constitution and Reform Education Consortium (CRECO);
• Ecumenical Centre for Justice and Peace (ECJP)
• Federation of Women Lawyers of Kenya (FIDA).
• Institute for Education in Democracy (IED);
• National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
• Supreme Council of Kenya Muslims (SUPKEM);
• United Disabled Persons of Kenya (UDPK)
• Youth Agenda (YAA)
ELOG Strategy on Thematic Issues Observation Based on the Vision and Mission as captured in the strategic plan, ELOG has determined that its greatest focus within the plan period will be the 2013 General Elections. It is around this that all of ELOG’s planned objectives and strategies will be organized with the goal to comprehensively monitor and observe the next election in order to strengthen electoral process in Kenya.